Wednesday 23 May 2007

It’s 18th May !!

I enter my office at 7:40 … take the lift to the 6th floor … walk over to my desk to start my Friday … BUT … Hey ... where is my sombre looking desk ???

What I can see is a colourfully decorated chair, desktop and glittered desk … the new team where I am just 2 weeks old were celebrating my birthday …. The hugs and birthday wishes felt really warm … may be that’s what it means when we say warm wishes ;-)

Those colourful balloons and ribbons crowning my work chair made me feel like a princess that day … and also, made it loud and clear to everyone visiting our floor that it’s my birthday!!! Friday which is generally a day to wind up your weeks work, flew past in talking about the evening plans on the special day. There was a surprise cake waiting for me for lunch at the cafeteria (lets not get into cake details because my birthday went on for like 3 whole days with me cutting all possible varieties of cakes .. PHEW … I am off sweets for a few days).

Oh and how can I forget I was one colourful person myself wearing a mauve coloured salwar kameez to office …. People in UK are hell bent on only 3 colours in their life BLACK – to make them look thin
GREY – to tell people ‘Hey, I am reducing’
WHITE – Finally, I am a size smaller !!

So you can well imagine what it means to be floating around in an Indian dress :-o)

The day ended with my colleague Jenny literally pushing me out of office, well before the regular office timings …. “Its your birthday .. go home right now “ ha ha ha She is a sweetheart !!!

A big thanks to my team for making my day a real special and memorable one.

No comments: