Monday 28 May 2007

Namaste London

No I am not talking about the Bollywood movie here … nah .. this is about my days in London and how I am surviving ‘On the run’ lifestyle !!

The tube trains, the buses, the sea of polished shoes on the zebra crossing, the intermittent beep of the green man at the crossings … this is how every morning is greeted in London.

My mornings start at 5:30 (never got up that early even during my engineering exam days) and the long day ends at 8:30 in the evening … and I still don’t know where the minutes, hours, days fly. Its never a hard long day … its just LIFE … the life in one of the costliest and busiest city in the world … LONDON …. The city which holds attraction not only for tourists but also our desi stars …. Whether it be Ekta Kapoor typecasts or the glittering stars of the silver screen …

It’s been a little over 2 months and yet the city manages to throw surprises at me – a new traffic rule or a new local joke/ jargon/ slang or the best - a new fashion statement … mind you the fashion keeps changing quite often here …. Called as ‘Fast Fashion’ in Marks & Spencer retail terminology … my place of work … and a learning hub …

I am glad to be one of the ‘Londoners’ …. Ever busy & ever running human machines … life always on the run and still we manage to smile at every person we meet on the street, lift, bus or tube …

AND here, I go again … On my marks … get … set … go …

No comments: