Tuesday 18 November 2008

Heating Mishap Yet Again

Life has moved on since the last time H, the amateur technician, had worked up her ideas, giving me sleepless night!
We are now into our new rented house … winter is around the corner and the temperature drop is quite apparent. This also means its time to set the timer on our boilers to make sure we get up to a warm house in the morning.

Well, as luck is with us, H & I are always stuck with this boiler problem … first the room heater didn’t work (now mercifully sorted) and now the timer!!!
So after a lot of wait for our land lord to come over and acquaint us with the settings we decided to try it ourselves. Google didn’t help much and setting the hand positions on the timer didn’t work either.

Our next day was hectic and so we decided we will retire into our rooms with the heating on for few hrs until we decide to retire for the day. It was 7:45pm.

H was still deciding about her dinner, when I left her to go into the room to pack for my visit to my brother’s. At 8:00pm when I came down to join H for our cooking …
Hold-Behold
The amateur technician was at work!!!!!!
The lady with her analytical mind at work was fiddling with the heating system timer, decided to fix the damn thing before going to bed!

Fair enough … I was waiting for her to complete her fiddling to her satisfaction when she yelled
Eureka!
The timer was set and it was working. I felt so proud of my babe until of course another few minutes L
By 8:30pm we realised that the heating was not working. Thinking that the timer was set incorrectly, we did some research with the boiler.
(‘We’ means H)

No prices to guess what happened this time
AGAIN
The boiler mishap
… thanks to my proudly beaming H, the whole heating system went dead. All in all, like the last time, I had to sleep with my hot water bottle tucked under my duvet.

Can someone tell me how to tackle an overenthusiastic amateur ‘Boiler’ technician from creating disasters!

NB : For all those who can’t understand the word ‘AGAIN’, please read the July blog ‘The Boiler Mishap’

1 comment:

Lucifer said...

hahaha!!!
u r so cute to let her do this again...after already goin thru d mishap once :D