Tuesday 11 November 2008

My Boots from New Look

Realisation struck late!
It was Wednesday evening when it was bought to my notice that I can’t wear my heels to the Saturday Chessington Park trip.
I don’t have a panic striken personality and so with all my cool temperament I decided to go to Oxford Street after work on Thursday and buy myself something nice & trendy.
Thursday’s is the only day of the week when the shops are open till 9:00 so I knew I will have enough time to buy something to my taste.
Backup plan was to buy online and worst case recovery was to wear my trainers with boot leg jeans to hide them!!!
So I was pretty much sorted.

My colleague M joined me for the evening. After a quick scan of the market I knew exactly where I need to buy my boots from only that they didn’t had my size.
Plan B: My colleague M told me as part of his new mobile contract he had free internet browsing on his mobile phone.
Imagine what M & I did at the store??????
Standing inside NEW LOOK we were browsing there website to order the boots I decided to buy. As luck would be … the mobile internet was so slow that M couldn’t help much with the ordering part. Me just being myself decided to order once I reach home as it was way past 6 in the evening and the order will not be processed until next day, so ideally the time of order doesn’t really matters now.
Well, all in all, M & I couldn’t stop laughing at the fact that we must be the first ever customers to think about placing an order online, standing in the store surrounded by the merchandise … only not in the size we want!

Now the real story begins!
I have this funny urge to own anything & everything which I know is mine. Like after placing food order at a restaurant I suddenly get too hungry OR like in this case after placing the order I was all eyes for the courier guy!!!
(Not the guy duh... I was interested in the courier – my boots)

I did order using the ‘Express Delivery’ option, which dispatches the order the same day & worst come worst I will get the boots around early morning on Saturday. I have to admit that, most of the Friday was spend trying to track the parcel using the online tracking system. I was too hyper and excited that whole day.
Called my ex-landlady twice to confirm the receipt of any courier for me ( my delivery address was still my old address).
Called up the store customer service to enquire about the status and they were not very helpful (told me that the delivery will happen on Monday as Saturday & Sunday were non working days).
Royal Mail people said they work on Saturdays and the delivery will happen early in the morning around 6:30.
I think I was being tested for my threshold to bear the excruciating pain mixed with the feeling of excitement!

I am more or less convinced that Lady Luck charms are only meant to happen to men we are surrounded with.
The Royal Mail delivery didn’t happen due to some unforeseen circumstances.
(Period)
The enthusiasm about the boots drowned by Monday evening, they still were somewhere on the way to reach me. Tuesday brought with it the excitement of Diwali day, my wearing traditional Indian dress to work and the thoughts of evening affairs. I had practically lost interest in my boots by now.
(Period)

H, M and I had just finished dinner and were clearing away the dishes when I just called my ex-landlady to ask about the courier and she said there was one that arrived this afternoon (Finally! ).
It had started snowing and gales were high. H told me to collect it next day after work, as I didn’t need them urgently and I agreed. Went up to my room grabbed my overcoat, skull cap, gloves and rushed outta the house. Ran with a full stomach to get my boots and was back in less than 10 minutes – I met aunty, exchanged diwali wishes, collected my boots, ate a Jalebi (Indian sweet), bid farewell and ran back.

Did I just say I lost interest in ‘My Boots’ – the boots I was dying to get my hands on since the time I ordered them?
Did I just say I lost interest in ‘My Boots’ – the boots I was dying to put on and show off?

1 comment:

Lucifer said...

hehehe...now put up some pics of "your shoes" so we can all see wat got namz so excited